Pendant Light Height Over Dining Table
Provide a 30- to 36-inch clearance above tables and countertops.
Pendant Light Height Over Dining Table. 32 36 inches between the top of your table and the bottom of your fixture. Keep all lights at least 6 inches from the ends of the table or island. But then again rules are made to be broken.
The recommended height to hang a pendant above a table is 28 to 32 inches but the fixture can be hung slightly higher or lower depending on personal preference fixture size and ceiling height. A rule some interior designers use is to add 7-8cm for each 30cm. Assuming your table is 30 high the bottom of your light fixture will be about 60 from the floor.
Most pendant lights come with extension rods or an adjustable chain so you can alter the hanging height as needed. Chandeliers over dining tables or kitchen islands should hang anywhere from 30 to 36 inches above the tableSingle chandeliers should be centered over the table or island while multiple chandeliers or pendants should hang 30 inches apart from each other. A good rule is to choose a pendant that is 6 narrower on each side than the smallest width of the dining table.
That gives you a nice amount of breathing room between the two pieces. Any less space than that and the light. The Right Height to Hang a Dining Room Fixture or Chandelier 8-foot ceilings.
The pendant height can also be measured up from the surface below the light. Traditionally more formal dining rooms have lower hanging light fixtures. Position a hanging light above your dining table so you have approximately 30 inches between the top of the table and the bottom of the light.
The fixture in my home for example is 36 inches above the tabletop. For example if your ceiling height is 24m instead of 21m you would hang your kitchen pendant 78-88cm above your island bench instead of 70-80cm. When hanging pendant lights over bedside tables I like to allow about 70cm from the top of the bedside table to the bottom of the pendant light.
- West Elm Chevron Deco Table Lamp
- White Touch Table Lamp
- Weston 1 Light Two Tone Rattan Table Lamp
- White Lattice Ceramic Table Lamp
- White End Table With Lamp Attached
- Z Gallerie Century Table Lamp
- Wicker Rattan Table Lamp Shade
- White Pierced Ceramic Table Lamp
- Wine Bottle Table Lamp Design
- Yellow Table Lamp Shade
- Westwood Brass Table Lamps
- Wooden Lamp Table Australia
- What Size Light Fixture For Dining Room Table
- Wrought Iron Table Lamp Bases
- Wire Geometric Table Lamp
- Wireless Table Lamps Home
- West Elm Mid Century Tripod Table Lamp
- Wooden Lamp Table Designs
- West Elm Pedestal Table Lamp
- White And Gold Table Lamp